POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The clouds in Riven? : The clouds in Riven? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  The clouds in Riven?
From: Equiprawn
Date: 20 Jul 1999 13:15:17
Message: <3794aea5@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm working on a scene at the moment that has a sea, and a vast blue sky,
and I need to work on the sky. I would like to add big fluffy white clouds,
and yet still let the scene be very sunny. It was then that I remembered the
skys in the Cyan game Riven ( www.riven.com ). So I was wondering, how did
they do the clouds in the Riven skys? They look very realistic - was it an
image map of cloud photos? And if it was, then how come the clouds were all
angled corectly to the light - ie when you were looking in the direction of
the sun, the clouds looked darker than when you were facing away from the
sun?

Thanks,

Equiprawn